Sunday, March 20, 2011

I heart lamp.

Bryant picked ornate lanterns for our challenge, and then shit hit the fan for me, haha.  Still, I scratched this out between a trip to the ER for a migraine, being without my car (or my apartment) for 2 days, and trying to meet deadlines at work LIEK A BOSS.

 I don't have any process shots - I just looked at some ref on the web, got to drawing, and there it is.  This was my first draft.  I don't know.  I'm pretty meh about it, but at least I got it done.

Shortly after I finished the lantern, I drew a silly sketch of Lady Hawke from Dragon Age 2.  She's sporting a French 'stache.  Yeah, it doesn't make sense, and it's not supposed to.  The 'stache is an inside joke from my D20 Modern group... >_>'


I used a screen grab of her face from the prologue and slapped a mustache on there, along with a worried ghost face.  Yep.  That's what I do - draw crazy shit that makes no sense.  /high five!

Finally, I decided to try participating in the local comic book store's sketch challenges.  The past week was Iron Man.  I kept mine pretty classy, don't you think?


We have an hour limit... I used 50 minutes, with some ref for the armor.  Yeah, I drew it on a backing board.  That's how the challenges work >_>'

It's 9pm on a Sunday night, and after canceling a few plans this week due to not feeling well, I think I'm going to prep for my doctor's appointment tomorrow and go to bed.  Night all :D

No comments:

Post a Comment